Old refrigerators and freezers can consume as much as four times more energy than newer models and could be costing you up to $150 a year in electricity. Let PECO recycle your old, working fridge or freezer, and they'll pay you a rebate. Schedule a pick up at peco.com.
PECO will pick up your old, working fridge or freezer, recycle it and send you $75. Plus get another $10 for recycling a working room air conditioner at the same time.
To schedule an appointment, be sure you have your electric bill account number handy. To look up your bill account number, go to peco.com. Also, you will need the make, model and size of the unit, which must be between 10 and 30 cubic feet and working at the time of pickup.
- FREE pickup.
- $75 for each working refrigerator and freezer (limit 2 per account holder per year).
- Dismantling, recycling and disposal of all parts in an environmentally responsible way to reduce the amount of landfill waste.
- FREE pickup plus an additional $10 for a working room air conditioner when you schedule a refrigerator or freezer pickup.
- You must receive residential electric service from PECO, you must own the unit(s) being recycled and the unit(s) must be located at the address with the qualifying account.
- Refrigerator or freezer must be between 10 and 30 cubic feet (interior) in size, empty, defrosted and working at the time of pickup.
- Unit(s) must be accessible with a clear and safe path for removal. The removal team will not risk injury, remove personal effects or modify your home (e.g. remove doors or railings) to remove the unit(s).